A List Of Excellent Compare And Contrast Essay Topics For Grade 3
There are many reasons why students struggle with the compare and contrast essays at schools, especially in the 3 grade. Even figuring out the topic is a difficult task. However, this assignment is very useful, mostly because it helps children to develop their comparative and critical thinking skills. If you are stuck with choosing the suitable topic, the following list will help you to make up your mind and finally start the writing and brainstorming process.
- Decide which drink is better for you – Pepsi or Coca-Cola; tea or coffee; orange juice or apple juice.
- How do you think which period of human life is easier – childhood or adulthood?
- Which class is the most interesting/most boring – Math or Literature?
- If you’re a TV show/movie fan, you can compare them, for example Batman or Superman; Star Trek vs. Star Wars; Harry Potter vs. the Lord of the Rings.
- Maybe you have a pet and you can compare or contrast it with another one you like the least – cats or dogs; fish or parrot.
- Write about the music you like/don’t like – pop music vs. classical music, rap vs. rock, jazz vs. blues, rock-n-roll vs. electro etc.
- If you are a future sportsmen write about your hobby by comparing it – soccer or football, basketball or hockey, winter sports vs. summer sports, team sports vs. individual sports.
- You are also free to write about your favorite book/cartoon/film characters – Sam vs. Frodo, Gandalf or Dumbledor, Malfoy vs. Potter, Halk vs. Flesh etc. Simply choose the pair which you like the most and start writing.
- Maybe you are a future biologist and the wild nature is the exact topic that interests you the most? In that case write about your favorite animals – mammals vs. reptiles, snakes vs. spiders, insects vs. reptiles, lion or tiger, bear or shark, wolf or fox. There are plenty of factors in which they can be compared, for example who is the strongest, smartest, fastest, ugliest, scariest, funniest etc.
- Write about your fears and compare and contrast them with the other people’s fears, for example water or fire, insects or reptiles, dark vs. daylight, the 13 number or 23, ghost vs. monsters, aliens or zombies, vampires or werewolf, graveyards vs. dark streets. However, try not to write your essay about fears at night, or it might be ghastly to sleep at night.