Fifteen Great Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle Schools Students
An argumentative essay is a type of academic papers that students write in the middle school. This type of a paper teaches students how to take a position and defend it using good arguments and evidence. Often, topics for argumentative papers are related to the particular subjects, but sometimes students are free to choose almost any topic they want. This article contains a list of interesting topics that middle school students may pick to write their argumentative papers.
- The school calendar should be longer so that students could learn more.
- Modern technologies rather distract us from serious matters than help us.
- Current pop music won’t stand the test of time and will be soon forgotten.
- Women are better at finding compromises and collaborating with others.
- Some youth sports are too dangerous for players to be played at schools.
- National security is more important than the privacy of an individual person.
- Children should be able to dress up like they want.
- Schools should have healthier food for students.
- Couples should live at least half a year together before the marriage.
- The government should give more funds on scientific research.
- You may become a successful person without having a good education.
- Little children shouldn’t be given mobile phones and other electronic devices.
- Particular video games can be considered as pieces of art.
- Plenty of rape victims provoke their rapists by their behavior and appearance.
- Leaders of large corporations and countries treat people like resources.
These are decent topics that you may choose to write an interesting argumentative essay and earn an excellent grade for your work. However, a good topic isn’t enough for your paper to be persuasive. The key elements of good argumentative essays are their actual arguments. Many students fail to present good arguments because they come up with them in a wrong way. To create decent arguments, you should do plenty of research on your topic. Only when you know all the details, you’ll be able to take a determined position and come up with ideas to support it.
Here are some tips on how to do your research for an argumentative essay:
- Find books written by respected specialists related to your topic. You may consult your teacher on this matter or go to the school library.
- Use the Internet to find interesting articles and other information.
- Conduct interviews with specialists on your topic to use their opinions as support for your arguments.